Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"I'm About Super-ed Out"

Though there were many a quote offered by Mitch Miles, that one is my favorite. Marti was doing the Super Saturday craft extravaganza in 2006 and had stuff all over the entire main floor of the house for weeks on end. Mitch remained silent. Until he was asked about it one day when we were over for dinner. With a very tight lip, he simply responded, "I'm about Super-ed Out."
That's how I feel right now. I'm completely super-ed out tonight. I did it solo in 2007 and it about killed me. Hundreds of dollars of widgets and junk were purchased so that everyone could have a great evening of fun together. I worked endless hours until the middle of the night often. My back and my body hurt. I made countless trips to Wal-Mart, AC Moore and Michaels buying and returning, using coupons and the like to save everyone money. The night turned out great. I made a mental "lessons learned" list and filed the experience away in the far corners of my mind. The only thing I remembered for sure was DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN! Way too much for one person to do.
Last year the gal in charge of the women's group delivered a baby about four weeks before I had put it on the calendar. She was wiser than I and cancelled it for the year. This September I was put back in the womens group and started to wonder if maybe I should consider doing it again, the old memories started to come back. When I was released from my job with the youth, I felt very much directed to stop all the extra stuff in my life and focus on my family. I made a firm decision to NOT get involved and to never suggest it to anyone.
We finally got a new leader for the enrichment committee (or whatever we are calling it these days). First item of business was a request from our president that we...have Super Saturday. And get this. Have it in four and a half weeks. Eeeekkkkk!!! Super Saturdays take two months minimum to get ready. But like a good little girl..."I will go...I will do...a super saturday" Isn't that the way the children's song goes? Anyway, here I am again. And I'm all super-ed out.
But since the work is already mostly put together and done, here is what we're doing.
Handmade cards $4 for 10
Personalized Hand Soap Dispensers (or Antibacterial Stuff) $3
Beaded Bookmarks $6
Nativity Story Cube $10
(roll the 4" cube, teach kids about part of the story that comes up)
Don't forget to sign up and come. Hopefully in three weeks I'll be recovered enough to enjoy crafting again.

6 comments:

Cath said...

What about "Just Say No" Ang? That might be a better motto than "Go and Do" eh? Actually - I don't know a more proficient "goer" and "doer" than you. You're a much better sister than I. I would have said "No way Jose!" But the crafts look like fun. I think you're amazing!

Cardon Family said...

You will do awesome! You always do! those crafts look fun and I am sure you will have an amazing turn out! Wish I was there to help out! Maddie will be so cute in glasses by the way:).
saracardon@yahoo.com

Brent said...

Ah, the joys of Relief Society. Makes me glad I'm a man!

Mitch Miles is indeed a wise, wise man who doesn't get near the amount of credit he should for being very funny. Of course I spent a lot of time in the car with him, so I got see the real Mitch Miles...

Hilary said...

Very cute stuff.
But I feel for you. I was put in charge of ours exactly four weeks before it was scheduled and promptly changed it to three weeks later, and it's STILL not enough time and I've never been so stressed or worried about money, and I kept it simpler and cheaper (because it had been requested by leadership that it not be crazy huge, as several people in our area are having big financial issues and that's just tacky), so I planned five cute, fun, inexpensive activities . . . only to show up to Church and see the other ward had a display set up in the hall next to my little end table . . . there's was on a BANQUET table and easily had 15+ projects, and if you were to do them all you could easily spend like $300. I felt so lame. And then nobody really signed up for anything on ours, so we only have like 15 people coming, making me feel even lamer, and then all my money estimates are way off 'cause I still had to go out and buy a lot of the supplies (we'll just have a TON left over) but had very little extra money due to so few people signing up, so I totally biffed it financially as well on this one. The whole thing has been a terrible blow to my self esteem and I never want to do one again :-) At least it's over on Saturday :-)

JoZef said...

Ang I feel like I should drive over to your house right now and give you a shake or 10!! You crazy crazy lady. It looks like great fun!! Thanks for being so wonderful in all that you do. You don't go unnoticed.

xoxoxo
Heather

yes I'm checking from joseph's account

Anonymous said...

We're doing a Super Saturday in November and my "Additional RS Meeting" counselor found a super cute website where they put the kits together for you (no back and forth's to Wal-Mart and Michael's for those little details). You should check the site out for yourself or the next person in charge next year! www.poppyseedprojects.com