Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dengue Fever

Because I totally have the proper credentials I have diagnosed myself with dengue fever.

Wednesday morning the government officials came through the neighborhood inspecting properties for standing water.  We passed the test but since this is my first visit from them I asked why there were checking.  They said there were reports of dengue fever in my neighborhood. 

About three hours later I smashed a mosquito on my arm while sitting on my couch in the living room and fresh red blood came out of the mosquito.  Thursday during the day my body started to feel achy and only got worse until I called tech support about my laptop overheating about 9pm.  By the time I finished with them at 10:30pm my body was hurting so much I was ready to cry.  Brian and I went upstairs where we discovered that I had a fever of about 100F.  I took some fever reducer with sleep aid and crawled in bed.  Brian laughed and said he would have to make sure I was awake before he left for work.  We both know that the sleep aid stuff really works for me.

Friday morning he woke me about 6:40 as he was ready to leave but I was not doing well at all.  He ended up taking a sick day and watching the kids all day for me.  About 9am I came downstairs to lay on the couch where I proceeded to sleep for the entire day.  The TV was on all day long but I didn’t see more than 10 minutes of any given show in the 11 hours it was on. My fever went as high as 104F.  We googled dengue fever and I don’t see anything much different about the symptoms than any other fever except that it’s not contagious person to person.  So I may or may not be actual dengue fever.  Eventually it was time to go back upstairs for bed. About 2:30 am I started vomiting and then again at 4 am when Maddie came in to our room because she had a bad dream.  Knowing I didn’t feel well enough to share a bed with her in my spot I went down and slept on the marble floor in the living room.

Today I’ve been achy and sick still but I’m not sleeping the day away.  It’s almost bitter sweet. I have to prepare to speak in church tomorrow and teach my lesson to the 6 and 7 year olds.  I just don’t feel well enough to prepare properly.  I think I’ll be better enough to go to church and that’s the bad part.  I can’t convince Brian to double the time he has to talk yet though I’ve been trying since Friday morning. Welcome to the tropics.

No comments: