Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Reading Program

Without the benefit of a county library system we have to make our own reading program.  We have homeschool everyday.  Ben reads from Hooked on Phonics for school in the morning and then just for fun he usually reads some Junie B Jones chapter books in bed at night.  He is always so proud to announce what page or chapter or spot in the book he has currently passed.  The ultimate excitement is for him to tell everyone in the house that he has finished another Junie B book.

 

Today Maddie kept sneaking off when we were supposed to be folding laundry and emptying the dishwasher.  She would be looking through Ben’s Junie B book.  She just came over to me, smile ear to ear, and announced, “Mom!  I just finished this WHOLE book!!”  I smiled and told her how fantastic that was. She followed up with dramatic pauses after every word when she told me, “And I did the whole thing WITHOUT EVEN READING!!!”

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That is better than book an CD even! We had a great spot for the 4th parade. Your parents hosted us all at their new house! We now have a front row seat. It was great to visit. It is so nice having them live here. I think I have talked to her more this year and even get to work with her once in a while!

Erin said...

busting up laughing.