Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It Took Like Twenty Spits

The tooth finally came out! I ask Ben every night to see how wiggly his tooth was getting. Tonight it was finally begging to be pulled. With his permission I got dental floss to check exactly how much root was left holding that puppy in place. As I suspected it was almost nothing at all. The first three or four teeth fell out entirely on their own but this one had taunted us by hanging crooked for weeks. It was time.

I threaded the flosser above the tooth and before I even started to pull, the blood started flowing. I cracked the root a little and pulled away worried he would be too upset to finish the job. He just said, "It tastes TERRIBLE!" He kept spitting blood in the sink and I kept rinsing it away so it didn't look so bad to him.

When he was ready I put my fingernail above the tooth and in two quick tugs it was out and he was happy as can be smiling at his new look in the mirror. He figures it took twenty spits of blood and it was worth it. The tooth fairy is sure to come tonight!

1 comment:

Brent said...

Great story! Our Ben just lost his first tooth while we were in Utah, and it was one of those similar issues where it was hanging on by a bit of gum. He twisted it off himself and he was so proud. And he was tickled pink when the Tooth Fairy left him Thai baht.