Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Richard - My Name Is 20 Beechwood

Richard.  Richard is his own post all together.  Or maybe he's an installment series with at least fifteen episodes all ready written in my head, but for today this one story will suffice.
 
Richard is our provisioner.  Interpret that to mean our grocery delivery man to put it simply, but he is so, so much more than that.  If you want something and it's on the island, Richard can and will find it.  Brian says that in fact, even if it isn't on the island he might be able to get it for you.  We wouldn't know. He always seems to come through for us.
 
A few weeks ago I was so sick with a fever that Brian had to take a medical day from work and stay home to take care of the kids on a Friday. He got ambitious and planned three days of menus and I suggested he call Richard to just get it all delivered to the house instead of deal with dragging all three kids out to shop (that's what I've done all summer long and it's been fantastic).  I gave him my phone with the number and headed upstairs to sleep.  Richard answered and I hear Brian tell him, "This is Brian Zufelt." Pause. "Brian Zufelt, Angie's husband." Pause. "Angie Zufelt's husband." I yelled down the stairs, "My name is 20 Beechwood." He repeated our address to Richard, "This is 20 Beechwood" and all was instantly well.  He gave the order and it was all delivered to the kitchen counter at 4:30 like he does every day like clockwork.

No comments: