Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, August 22, 2011

Sometimes I can't sleep at night

Actually, I can't sleep just about every night. First, my parents follow their idea of a bedtime routine. They read scriptures, say prayers, put me in bed and then sing me a couple of songs and kiss me goodnight. Then I begin my bedtime routine.

I climb out of bed and grab the tub of diaper rash cream. After I have lugged the canister of cream into my parent's room to get lathered up, I go back to bed and lay down.

I still cannot sleep so I inspect my water bottle collection and test out each one. If I find one a little lacking in volume, I carry back up the stairs to let my parents know, "this one needs a yittle more."

Once my bottles are topped up, I let my parents know I am feeling cold. "Mom, I am feeling a yittle bit colder. Can you turn down the fan?"

If I still cannot sleep I spy on my parents for a little while longer. Here I am peeking over the top step. If I see my Dad get up I run back into my room and climb in bed.

Don't tell my parents. They don't know I am still awake.

No comments: