Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Laptop Bites the Dust

Late this morning after Ben was off to school, Jacob was fed, played and ready for a morning nap and Maddie had asked to watch Snow White, I thought I could sneak away and check my email. I pushed the power button to boot up the laptop. Error. No problem. Restart. Error. Restart. Error. RESTART. ERROR. ERROR. ERROR. PANIC! How the heck am I supposed to survive without a laptop. I know. Frivilous. But it's my life. It's all on there. It was obvious that this was not one of those call Brian at work sort of problems for a quick answer, so I just turned it off. To be honest, it's probably good I spent the majority of the day visiting Stephanie so Ben could play with Margot. Otherwise I might have gone nuts. The laptop can go with me anywhere, anytime, give me any info. When I mentioned my loss to my cold and heartless brother, his first comment was, "Don't you have like five computers at your house?" Yeah, yeah, yeah. So what. That laptop and me were tight. So, if I don't get your emails for a week or two, call me. I probably haven't checked my inbox.

2 comments:

Brent said...

Ours did the same thing a couple of weeks ago--courtesy of one of Micrsoft's "updates"--it was doing a memory dump and flashing the blue screen of death. I restored my computer the last known good configuration, and bada-bing-bada-boom! No problems since then.

Good luck!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Your brother has a good point:)