Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, September 28, 2009

Two Little Missionaries

Maddie has been singing, "I hope they call me on a mission" all morning. She told me when she gets big like me she wants to go on a mission. I told her I thought it a great idea to go teach people about Jesus. Then I asked her what she would do on her mission. She plans to ride a horse around and play at parks and ride up horsey stairs. When asked if she planned to teach people about Jesus, she said "Yeah. I'm going to teach babies who can't talk yet about Jesus." At some point since school started some topic arose that caused me to explain that his teacher wasn't allowed to talk about Jesus. She might go to church on Sunday, but if she did or didn't, she couldn't tell the whole class and that they probably would never talk about God in school because not everyone in his class knows about Jesus but we should talk lots about Him at home. Then there was the pledge of allegience thing where he was all proud that they say "one nation under God" and he thought that was pretty cool that they can talk about God. I was proud that he had caught it. Last week after school Ben was sitting across the table from me eating his peanut butter sandwich. Just his little head pokes up above the edge of the table. It was so cute to see a huge grin growing bigger and bigger across his face as he announced to me that he had some exciting news. At recess he aparently went around to all of his friends that he knew their names and asked, "Do you believe in Jesus?" He was proud to report that Joshua, Connor and a few others did believe in Jesus. It really made him excited to know these kids were like him. Then he reported that the little girl he sits next to in class didn't believe. I was scared. I asked what she did when he asked. If only I had had a video to capture it. He said, "She just went like this." He crinkled up his nose and pulled up his shoulders and made a really sour face and said, "Then she said No." We talked again about how that was okay for her to be different. This weekend Ben has been obsessed with "Can I invite this person or that person to church with me so they can learn about Jesus?" It's so cute. I'm proud to see how excited he is to share Gods love with everyone.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, that just makes my heart leap for joy that he wants to share Jesus with his friends!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding him it's okay to be friends with the girl who doesn't believe :)