Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Nice Guy Up There

While praying this afternoon, I was attacked by a t-rex. Needing some time to think and ponder a few things other than dinosaurs, I told my cute little t-rex that I was praying and I could come play in a few minutes. So she smiled at me and I bowed my head again. But she didn't leave. She stood quietly by my side. Watching. Waiting. Waiting. Watching. I'm sure she was thinking it would be fast. Why would a prayer be longer than, "Heavenly Father, thank you for the food. Name Jesus Christ Amen." Quick and simple, right? That is the exact thing Maddie says in every single one of her prayers. Unfortunately for her, I had a little more to discuss with God today than that. After a minute, she left and went into the living room with Ben where I heard her say, "Ben, Mom is pwaying wight now. She's talking to God. You know da God dat is da nice guy and da guy dat answers da prayers. 'Cause he walks on da clouds up dere." Then they both went back to playing.

4 comments:

Verity said...

Oh, I love it! What a good mommy you are, and what a good reminder from Maddie!

Stephanie Pilling said...

Yes, God is a pretty a nice guy!

Cardon Family said...

That is the cutest thing! Gotta love that little Maddie!

Cath said...

I love hearing her little voice through your words. Miss her!! Miss you!