Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting Carried Away

Project of the day - Haircuts.
I'm getting better at Ben's preferred cut. Still takes a while, but it's working. One big oops this time. My arm slipped right in the middle back of his head with the clippers and he's sporting a nice near bald spot. He doesn't know. I'm not telling him.
Maddie usually asks for a cut when I'm doing Ben. Today she didn't seem to care, but I've been mulling it over for weeks. Her hair is long and beautiful. I love it, but when I don't take the time to put it up all fancy it just looks really messy. So when I finished Ben, I offered her a cut. She said "No thanks." No problem. Then, "Well, maybe yes." I explain if she cuts it, then it will be lots of days until it gets long again but after it gets cut it will look like Ella. Instantly she was all about getting it cut. It was Ella this and Ella that. I didn't realize I was inadvertantly stacking the deck in favor of the cut.
I went to work and now it's done. Why do I always forget when you remove the weight in the back, it springs up higher than you planned? In the end, it was quite a bit shorter than intended, but that is just the way it goes when I do the cutting. Still cute, just different.

Maddie isn't into smiling nicely at the camera. It's either a flat out No (often accompanied with a foot in my face) or a miriad of weird faces. Silly girl.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Looks good! I'm impressed! :-)
Nothing stresses me out more than cutting Annie's hair -- but I can't stand spending $13 to get it cut somewhere. Fortunately, our problem is solved right now 'cause I'm watching a neighbor's son while she goes to work Tuesday mornings at a hair salon, and in trade she cuts our hair. She's quitting soon though, so I don't know what we're gonna do for haircuts! :-)