Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Surgery Results Video

The video is amateur for sure, but here it is. A little bit gross, but cool. It's not over the top blood and gore but don't say you weren't warned if you're super squimish. The white you see on the right side of your screen (my left) is the bone graft. I didn't realize it would remain exposed. The tooth on the other side the tooth looks bad, but it's just got blood all around from the surgery. I like the way Brian described the gum graft site to me before I saw it in his video. He said, "It looks like a bullet hole inside your mouth." Nice. I feel so pretty now. I think the stitches look cool at the end. Like a mass of blue spider webs all over the place. They are holding the gum graft in place and the gum graft is holding the bone graft in the hole. 85% chance the gum graft lives, 15% it dies. I'm saying my prayers it lives.

4 comments:

Juli said...

I don't know if I'd let your dad see that. I'm good. I've seen that before. You have always had such a beautiful smile.

Love, Juli

Cath said...

Ahem... Whoa. Ang - that's serious stuff!! Bullet hole is right! And the bone!? Man. How long until you get a new tooth? I am so feeling bad for you right now!!! Are you eating ice cream and yogurt and still resting? Be good to yourself. Your mouth has been through the ringer! So glad you posted the bloody details!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Nasty, but interesting. Thanks for the view.

Jackie said...

Ouch! Where did they take your bone for the bone graft? Remember Jordon going through this? I hope you are feeling better. You can get creative with milk shakes! love to you and your cute fammily!