Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sump Pump Success!!

After 18 months of waiting, waiting, waiting...our sump pump has water in it and the carpet is dry.  It seems counter intuitive to wish for soggy wet weather and flooding, but when you sink a bunch of G's into a sump pump, you kind of want to have proof that you didn't waste the money.  After it was installed in the late summer/fall of 2008 I checked it often to see if it was working.  I wanted that pricey pump to work, work, work.  Nothing.  There was a leaf that got stuck in the basin before the see-thru lid was put in place.  Month after month it was dry.  I was sad.  Then one day last week a friend asked me who we used to install it and how the whole thing worked and all that stuff.  We went to the basement to show her what was involved and I was so excited to see murky, muddy water in the pump!

No comments: