Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, March 21, 2010

How I'm Doing

At 11:34 am this morning, while Brian changed spark plugs on the truck outside, Maddie asks if she can watch a Princess Sing-a-long video. I say yes from my horizontal position on the couch. She squeals with delight, "YES!! That's the third movie I get to watch today!!!" That about describes how I'm doing. I seriously thought I'd be up and going by Saturday. Wrong. Brian has to translate today at the church so he's gone from 2:30 in the afternoon until 9:30 at night with a quick run home to help me with dinner between sessions. He's a good man. Put sweet and sour meatballs in the crock pot before he left. Took Ben to a birthday party for a friend and had the other two ride with him so I could sleep while they were gone. Someone offered to bring Ben home and he arranged for that so I wouldn't have to wake up napping Maddie and Jakey. When the friend came to the door she said, "Wow. You don't look too good." There you have it in a nutshell. Guess the surgery was a real surgery, despite what I kept telling myself that it was no big deal. I'm grateful for good neighbors and a weekend with Brian home (sort of). Pretty sure I'm out for church tomorrow. I'm just a little frustrated. I didn't plan for this.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Angie, I wish I could be there to take your kids. I hope you're feeling better quickly. Don't forget to drink lots of water (Shon thinks I'm crazy, but my dad is a dentist, and he says the same thing to his patients - don't get dehydrated!)

Love, Juli

Stephanie Pilling said...

You poor girl! What an ordeal! Please call/email or simply drop of children if you need a rest. We'd love to have them and I know I owe you babysitting hours still!!! Take care and don't rush it. You'll be up and at um in no time.

We'll keep you in our prayers here! :)