Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Random Thoughts

I've been waiting and waiting but I'm pretty sure it's just not going to happen. What sucks about summer? Burning your kids legs while you try to buckle them into the car seat and having the other kids pass out from heat stroke in the back of the car because it's been baking in the sun for a few hours while you were in a store somewhere. I know exactly how bad it hurts. Makes a grown person wanna cry to be scalded by searing hot metal on their inner thigh. We never have scalding hot seat belts here. Considering the heat and humidity never quit here, I think it's pretty darn amazing! Realize we've parked in parking lots in full sun for the last six years - including having a parking lot at our own darn house instead of a garage or carport, I'm a very happy momma now. The ONLY relief in the entire state of Virginia was the basement parking at Wegmans and you better believe I used it every time. In Singapore there is no such thing as parking in the sun. This densely populated metropolis is all about high rises and parking garages. Even the kids school is four stories tall and a parking garage. In fact I've gone entire days in this country without exposing my head to the elements at all, neither sun or rain. There are perks to life here and I'm going to enjoy not burning my kids when I strap them into their car seats every time I do it this summer. I just hope they can all do their own belts and we're done with five point harness seats by the time we move home in three years. So for today, I give three cheers for parking garages any and everywhere in this tiny, delightful island country.

No comments: