Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, June 13, 2011

Regrets

> Like lots of parents do, I check on my kids as I turn in for the night. I check their legs to see if they are cold to the touch from the air con and feel the back of their necks to see if they are sweaty and need the fans cranked up. When everything is just right I give each of my three sleeping angels a soft kiss on the cheek and head up the last half flight if stairs to my own sleepy dreamland. > > Tonight, as usual, I put one foot on Bens bed to boost me up enough to check on the princess atop her bunk bed throne. Ben stirred a little bit and turned over in his sleep without so much as opening his eyes. I climbed back down and gave him a little squeeze and whispered my love as I softly kissed his cheek and slowly, calmly recoiled from his sweet angelic face. His sleepy flip flop to the other side had left fully exposed to me and my motherly kiss a healthy sized river of drool covering his entire cheek. Does it make a person a bad mom if she regrets giving her kid a kiss? >

No comments: