Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More On Lizard Poop

I'm halfway trying to potty train Jacob. Mostly when he says he's interested or when life is slow and I happen to remember to put him on the toilet. Turns out someone else is potty training too. The last two mornings I have had to scrub the downstairs floor when I woke up because there was a bunch of lizard poop around the toilet. This morning I lifted the lid to use it myself and I found lizard poop on the sit down portion of the toilet seat. Gross. At least someone is paying attention to the potty training lessons. Maybe next time the lizards will actually get it into the bowl. We continue to have too many lizards around here. I've been to three stores and haven't found lizard traps yet. I often have to clean their poop and pee off the walls and if I don't catch it soon enough it leaves the walls just the slightest bit discolored. Three years of this and the walls are going to look atrocious. Brian couldn't sleep the other night so he went to the couch downstairs. In the morning he mentioned that he heard something like continuous clapping going on all night long and couldn't figure out what it was. I'm 99% sure it's the lizards making their chirp type noises. They have even knocked something off the counter once. Pesky tails I guess. Our cleaning lady, Mary, mentioned that I still need to get the traps so I proudly reported that though I couldn't find the traps yet I had squished some and killed them. She recoiled with surprise and concern. Sure, squishing a lizard is gross, but why should she be worried? She said that if the lizard gets scared it will drop its tail off and it will keep wiggling across the floor. Still not sure that it is a problem I asked what the problem was. I had a hard time not laughing at her very serious response. If the tail is still alive and wiggling across the floor and my kids are laying on the floor watching TV the tail might get in their ears. Right......Okay.....I'll watch out for loose lizard tails jumping into my kids ears. Maybe I misunderstood what she was telling me. That is totally possible, but I'm not overly concerned about it and here is why. This is how I picture the scene going down. Mom sees a lizard and knows she has to kill it. She finds a shoe heavy enough to inflict a proper blow. She swings, making a huge splat noise. The lizard isn't totally dead and starts running or hopefully limping away. Mom lets out a classic high pitched girly girl scream and is jumping around on the floor trying to stay away from the injured lizard (and apparently his detached tail) while still keeping an eye on it and planning my next attack strike. You tell me the kids aren't gonna be right in the middle of that action. They'll either be scared and running for their dear lives or helping me get the darn thing with their own shoes. Sure as the nose on my face they won't be laying down watching TV pretending like nothing is going on in the room. Maybe Mary meant that the tails can wiggle for four hours or so and they could get in their ears later in the day? That makes more sense. I have so much left to learn about living in Singapore.

No comments: