Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, June 7, 2012

License to Sing

I'm not a fan of potty talk. We don't discuss bathroom events at the dinner table. Sponge Bob viewing isn't allowed on our television. Jacob knows the rules and is pretty good at following them. He used to ask everytime he was sitting on the toilet doing his business, "Can I say" this word and that one to which I would have to answer, "Yes. You can say it while we are in the bathroom."

Lately he is a bit more independent in his bathroom abilities and just calls me it to wipe so he has a little time alone. I've been hearing him sing a new song as he sits on the pot. It's a random and happy tune with notes all over the place. The lyrics vary in order but repeat the same ten or so singular words over and over and over. It goes something like this, "Poo poo" "pee" and all the proper words of the important boy parts of both genders. He sings and sings and sings his happy little song - within the bathroom walls. When he leaves the free speech zone I don't hear another peep of him and the potty words. He's totally enjoying his license to sing.

No comments: