Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ben Surfing Like a Mad Man!

Ben went surfing with his buddies for a goodbye party for the Lobbs.

Brian and I couldn’t go so we sent him with one family...
and he came home with another. 

Monica was awesome and sent me these pictures of him surfing.

He absolutely loved it!!


I made the decision that he wouldn't be tough enought to do it before I asked and didn't want him to be embarassed in front of his friends.

The decision was, of course, based on past history, not just me being an overly protective mother.


But recently he is beginning to emerge from is shy, and is it okay to say wimpy shell. He's taking more risks and ready to ride the waves of life. Haha.

Originally he told me he didn't want to go just as I had guessed. Then he went to school and Rowan talked him into it by telling him how AWESOME it was going to be. He came home having changed his mind and I had to break the news.  He made his choice and we had therefore planned other things so couldn't take him. There were tears. Lots of phone calls and texting. Finally he had a ride. And he did great.
I'm loving my new emerging adventurer! We're going to have lots of fun with him in the next ten years before he launches from the nest and I can't wait for our next adventure. Maybe next time Brian and I can join him.

No comments: