Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's In a Name?

Sometimes my accent makes me hard to understand. Even in the US people on the phone sometimes think when I say Angie that I'm saying Andy or Annie. Often I have trouble when I pass security gates at my friends condo gates. The security guards can't get my name. It's hard to help them get it right. The other day the guard heard me as MG. He raised an eyebrow but I
quickly assured him that he was correct. My name was MG and I made it through the gate with my visitor parking pass in record time.

Ben also had a funny one this week. He got his new retainer on Tuesday and the case was labelled "Master Benjamin Ryan Zufelt". Unfortunately his middle name is Brian not Ryan. Plus we must have checked the wrong box when we did his new patient forms. I smile every time they call him back to his dental cleaning, "Master Benjamin." Maybe the box said "Mstr" which means master but to me looked like mister. Even his receipts have it printed out completely formal just so I can laugh all over again when I file the insurance claims.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I need to find a way to get my boys called "Master Ian" and "Master Christopher". I woud die laughing!