Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Amuse Me

Okay, just to make me laugh, if you are reading this, reach your hands up over your head and touch your fingers together. Can you do it? Good. Now, can your baby do it?
Not long after our first kid was born, my brother Shon pointed out something that totally cracks me up to this day. I've been doing it to Jacob all the time lately and snickering to myself. Anyway, Shon was holding Abby and I had Ben in my arms. He lifted up Abby's arms over her head and tried to touch her fingers together then started laughing. He pointed out to me that they couldn't reach. I was surprised, but he was right. Babies arms are too small to touch.
Now...relate that size head to your body and translate those proportions to adult size. Again, stretch your hands up over your head and touch your fingers. Can you imagine if your head was that big?!?! See, I'm laughing again. Such simple things amuse me some days.
Enjoy the picture of my clan trying to do it. Apparently, the problem disappears somewhere between 4 months (Jacob) and 2 1/2 years (Maddie Mae).

3 comments:

Darbee said...

That's funny! I just tried it with Talmage and he can do it... barely. I had to help him stretch a little! :-)

Ball Family said...

That's funny! It's the little things that crack us up.

Laura said...

I'm with you, that's quite amusing. Jacob is 18 months, and his touch, though he can't hold them together. So funny!