Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

That's Man's Work

I don't recall how the conversation began, but probably over Ben building a auto repair shop for his fire engine out of blocks. He was having trouble getting the ramps to stay still, so he proudly declared, "I know, I just have to find a big heavy block to keep it from scooting away when the fire engine is on top." He retreived the prefect block, finished his repair shop (sign included) and I complimented him on his ability to solve a problem all by himself. The following conversation ensued: Mom: "I'm proud of you for thinking about a problem you were having and thinking of a creative way you could solve it all by yourself." Ben: "Yeah, I'm good at problems. Kind of like Dad is good at problems." Mom: "Yep." Ben: "Dad can just fix all the stuff for us." Mom: "Is Dad the only one that can fix stuff?" Ben: "Well, pretty much, yes. Except I can fix some stuff too, like ramps with blocks." Mom: "Can I fix anything?" Ben: Thinking really, really, REALLY hard to come up with something, "Well, I know! You can fix the exersaucer to put the fabric in it. But that is about all. The rest is dad." Mom: "You don't think I can fix other stuff?" Ben: "Not really. You could just fix the exersaucer because it is really super easy. That's why you can do it."

1 comment:

Ball Family said...

That's funny! You just fix stuff all the time that they don't even see it anymore.