Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Finally Called the Doctor

About 18 months ago I passed out. Brian wasn't home. I was alone with the kids at 6am. I hit my head really hard on the metal clasp of a baby gate and cut it open. I still have a large raised bump where I hit. I woke up in excruciating pain, laying on the floor and saw blood on my hand when I touched my head. Two months later I was at the doctor with Brian for a shot and mentioned it. They ran tests and saw I was anemic and have extremely low blood pressure. A bad combination, but not a whole lot to be done about it. Just take iron pills and be careful when I stand up from a sitting or laying position. This last December I went to get a referral to get a mole looked at. They wanted to do a follow up for my iron, but I had just had a baby two weeks before. The told me to call for a follow up after my body had evened out from post pregnancy, first of March. I put it off. And put it off. And put it off again. Finally, I just decided not to go at all. What is the point? They'll say the same thing again this year with no great answers. This morning I passed out again. I remember my alarm going off and sitting up in bed. I SWEAR I sat my obligitory time frame to let my body adjust, but Brian says I didn't. I remember standing to walk to the alarm across the room. Then I was waking up on the ground. Brian's hand was across my back and he was asking if I was okay. I sat for what seemed like a long time on the floor before I crawled, then wobbly walked back to bed. I definately hit hard. My neck and upper back are screaming at me like I was in a car accident or something. My lower back has piercing pain and my elbow is bruised. Brian says I fought it. I stumbled and tried to recover, but still went down. After I processed the situation for a minute laying in bed again. I got kind of excited and asked what it looked like. I've never seen someone pass out that I can remember. I bet it looks kind of funny. In any case, I called the doctor and made an appointment to get checked again. On the up side, because I didn't trust myself to walk to the basement, Brian changed the laundry for me at 6 am. There is a silver lining to every cloud, right?

7 comments:

Laura said...

Holy cow! I'm glad you'll be going to the doctor now. Oh, and milk it! Get Brian to do everything you can :)

Anonymous said...

Leave it to you to find the humor in the situation! I mean come on, "how did I look?"??? Ha! I bet it was a little frightening. You crack me up. ...and please, go take some iron. :-))

Verity said...

Hope you're doing okay!!! If I'd known, I would have offered to teach for you today. I fainted once, that I can remember, when I was pregnant with Rhiannon. VERY scary and surreal at the same time.

Ball Family said...

That is really scary! I hope that you are doing okay. You will have to let us know what the doctor says. In the meantime - be careful!

Claudia said...

Hope you're OK. You can join Aimee's club with being anemic and low blood pressure. If you need something, call her!

Darbee said...

How scary, Angie. I can't believe you are already laughing about it. I hope everything goes well at the Doctor. Let me know if you need anything, or if there is anything I can do to help. Good Luck and Take Care of Yourself!!!

Cath said...

OK! Are we going to get this thing solved or what??? You do what it takes Ang - stay on the docs, see several if you need to! Or you'll have to deal with my wrath. I don't want to click on your blog one day and find you in ICU... Love you!