Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Heart Hand-Me-Downs

I LOVE when people bring me hand me downs for my kids to wear. It is so fantastic that people are generous enough to help me keep the little people well dressed. It is fun to sort through bags or boxes to find surprises, treasures and cute things. But...my favorite part, now don't laugh...my very most favorite part is the smell. I am allergic to a zillion types of laundry detergent and dryer sheets. Anything that has scent is totally out for me. My laundry is blah. When a friend brings me a bag of hand me downs, unless they tell me to, I don't wash anything (my kids aren't allergic like me). I put my little people in the cute outfits and drink in the scent of each piece of clothing as I snuggle and cuddle them over the next week or so. Oh how I wish I could have yummy smelling clothes, but it will NEVER be worth breaking out in a nasty, red, itchy rash all over my body. So, if you have some clothes you want to give me...I will smell them...happily getting drunk on the clean laundry scents. Ahhhh...that's nice...
The picture above is one of my favorite hand me downs lately for Jacob. He's outgrown it and I'm sad to have to put it up, so I had to get a picture before it went away.

No comments: