Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, April 20, 2009

Four Corners - Another Government Flub Up

I heard a news report that makes me smirk a little bit, maybe more because I'm from the area and actually paid to visit the site. Apparently, the federal government has declared that they were wrong when they marked the spot of Four Corners, where Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado touch. When we moved from Utah to Clute, Texas, we drove through that part of the country and paid the $3 entrance fee to say we were in four states at once. We had the best Navajo taco in the world, sold to us out of a trailer. Turns out the four corners marker is about 2.5 miles west of the actual spot. I wonder if they will move the marker now.

1 comment:

Ball Family said...

I didn't hear that. That's funny. I've visited that place too just to say I've been in all four states at once. I guess I better go back to the right place.