Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chicken Ache

I cooked a turkey and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. It was yummy. Ben realized that it was a bird in the oven and asked for "the chicken's drumstick." I told him I'd give it it to him, but show him first because it would be so big. He decided he could definatly eat that much, so I cut it off and put the entire thing on his plate. Then he changed his mind. He had me clean it mostly off, then give it back to him. Then he said it was "too slippery to eat." Finally, I took it back, gave him two tiny bites worth and MADE him eat it because every step of the way I'd told he he didn't want it and I was too busy with my hands too full to help him. Jacob cried the whole way through dinner because I was too busy handeling the "drumstick" problem. Now, an hour later, he comes to me and says he has "a chicken ache." He informs me that it's because he ate chicken off the bone tonight. I have no idea what that means. I mentioned that we didn't even eat chicken tonight. He said it was "ham ache" then thought and corrected himself telling me it was "turkey ache." He pointed at his teeth. Maybe he needs to floss. We'll have to check it out when we get ready for bed tonight. Update: I had him make sure to floss extra well tonight and he came right back to report to me the hurt was all gone. He swallowed it. Huh? Oh well. At least he feels better now and the "turkey ache" is gone.

No comments: