Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Intervention Threat

I figured I ought to offer an update on the blog, since I was threatened with an intervention this Sunday in the mother's nursing room at church. Cori and Heather had been reading my blog and they were planning one to make me let Jacob cry it out. He is five months after all. It is time. We've been doing some sleep training around here the last week and a half or so (pre-threat, mind you). Jacob has learned how to sleep without swaddling, put the binkie back into his own mouth (if he can find it), started "solid" foods like rice cereal and settles himself again after he wakes and cries a little bit. All big steps in growing up. We're getting a consistent 5 hours of sleep at a minimum, usually more. The bad news is that those 5 hours begin about 9 pm and I can't find the will power to make my 5 hours start then. Still, he eats quickly and goes right back to sleep until 5 or 6 am, eats again and sleeps another hour. Loads better than what we were doing just two weeks ago when I wasn't sleeping at all. So, ladies, no intervention needed. We're cool after our rough sleep training nights and naps. Of course, as I think about it, how the heck are you going to do an intervention? One of you has an eight week old and the other, what, a ten DAY old?!?! You ladies have your own problems. I'm getting LOADS more sleep than you will for a while. But then again, maybe that's how you can manage an intervention. Heck, you're up anyway, why not come over at 2 am? Love you guys! You make me smile. Here's hoping you read this post at 3 pm, not 3 am. :)

2 comments:

The Roth's said...

Ha ha!! Love it!! Maybe we'll do an ice cream intervention instead and we can all go do a girls night out?? Congrats on the extra sleep!

Heather said...

hahahahaha

And FYI my 11 day old is only up 2x nightly. I'm hardcore.

love you Ang. I hope he's doing better soon. Remember he won't remember you letting him cry and he'll be happier b/c he won't be overtired. You will too.

xoxoxo