Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Cry

I don't know that I will ever understand why I cry. I cry at everything. Today I was teaching preschool and we were talking about what the kids should do if they ever get separated from their parents and are lost. I told them to look for a grown up to ask for help. Then we played the song from the Safety Kids Series that says, "Look for a grandma or mother with children." I was tearing up and had a huge lump in my throat. I hate being such a baby. I cry at everything. It's totally embarrassing. I avoid reading "The Friend" magazine because all the stories make me cry. They touch my heart because the kids in the stories ask for God's help or do a secret kind deed or whatever and I cry. My kids don't get it and honestly, neither do I. I have a hard time telling people I love them. It just hits too close to my heart and I can't take it. What good is a tender heart if it is that sensitive? Some days I just wish I was tough.

2 comments:

Stephanie Pilling said...

Have you ever watched "The Incredibles"? I ALWAYS start crying at the part when the bad guy shoots at the mom and kid's plane. Margot's all, "what's wrong with you??".....and yeah, The Friend is a guaranteed tear jerker too...

Cath said...

This is one thing I love about you Ang. You cry. And you are tender. Nothing to be ashamed about.