Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ben on Soccer

We started soccer this week for Ben. Actually, we started last week. The rest of the team just forgot to show up. Can you believe it? Every single player missed practice. I told Brian right where to go and had the kids ready to go with him because I had another meeting at the exact same time. Apparently I don't read well and sent them all on a wild goose chase since we were a week early. On the day of the REAL first practice, Ben was super excited. Again. He had a fun time, but when asked what they did he said they mostly just learned how to sit on their balls while the coach talked. Funny. I watched the practice and it seemed like they were running and kicking most of the time. His team is the Dales, as in Chip and Dale. He was ecstatic to find out his team uniform was purple, his favorite color still. Ben really wanted to sleep in his uniform the first night. Then after school he begged to wear it so he could show his buddy that was coming over for a playdate. I explained that if it was dirty he'd wear a dirty uniform to the game. He decided it was okay. After dinner he got in a water fight with the neighbor (his idea) and was upset that it got wet and wanted the neighbor to be in trouble for getting him wet. Tough luck on that one. He chose to wear it. His comments after the game today: "I wish there were ten days in every week. Do you know why? So we can have ten days of soccer. I love it!" When we got home: "The other team was better than us. They were running so fast. When we were playing our game, we were in the shape of a tadpole. It was kind of like everyone was running in a circle like this (hand motions) and then I was always following on the tail of the tadpole." I'm sorry to say that Ben was not born with parentage of all star athletes. At least he's young enough to not care yet and just have fun. He is one happy kid and doesn't want to take his uniform off ever.

1 comment:

Juli said...

I picked up shon and went to parent teacher conferences across town. Problem is, ALL of the teachers and parents forgot to show up. I hate it when people mess up. :-)