Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wait Listing

Well, Ben has moved up on the spanish immersion wait list. We started at number 19 and have rocketed to number 7. The realist in me says that now there may actually be a shot at this happening. They will allow enterance into the program at anytime during the next two years, basically until the end of second grade. So as families move from the area or decide they don't want to participate anymore, they contact families on the wait list. Time will tell. I do wonder if it's the right thing for him. I don't want to force something because I think it's cool. But then, isn't that basically what parents do? Force their ideas upon their children? Hahaha.

2 comments:

Juli said...

I think it is cool to learn to speak spanish. I'm actually doing that myself right now. As kids get older, the are able to differentiate between different languages, so he'll still be able to speak in English to his grandparents and spanish to his parents. Go for it.

Unknown said...

Hello! We're on the wait list for fall 2011, and I'm wondering if you ever made it in. I googled on wait list and laurel ridge, and there you were! Nice blog.

Cathy