Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, May 3, 2010

Maddie, God and an Orange Flashlight

Maddie has been playing happily in the basement today.  She asked for a flashlight. I gave her a yellow one from the kitchen drawer.  She used it for a while then came upstairs to ask both Ben and I what color it was. 
 
She asked, "Mom, do you think this is orange?"
"No.  I think it is yellow."
"Oh.  So does Ben."
"What color do you think it is?" We're real open and sensitive about colors since we have a bit of colorblindness in our family.  Telling someone they are wrong is just mean.  They may actually see it the way they are describing.
"I think it is yellow too."
 
She returns to the basement for fifteen minutes or so before she comes back to the kitchen to ask again.
"Mom.  Do you still think this is yellow?" showing me the flashlight again.
"Yep.  I still think it is yellow."
"Oh.  That's just too bad that God made it orange then.  God still thinks it is still orange."
 

No comments: