Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Mother's Day No Less!!!

Brian is struggling, clawing, fighting with all his might right now. You see, he really screwed up this morning. And on Mother's Day!!
He returned from his early morning Sunday meetings and offered to make me eggs for breakfast. It is my weakness. After 11 years of marriage, it still works to make me totally happy and satisfied. He is a good man. I know it, but he does love to give me a hard time about the number of eggs I keep in the house at any given moment. I get the Costco sized eggs that come with two 18 pack cartons. Sometimes I think we're running low (yes that's a relative term defined by my head, not the normal person). This time, we weren't actually low. So we had near 6 dozen eggs after I got a second pack on Tuesday. No worries. I quickly went to work eating them.
This morning Brian puts on his Texas flag apron and opens the fridge door to be greeted by 4 1/2 dozen eggs. He made me eggs yesterday too and finished off the first 18 pack. He threw a friendly barb my way about having a bit of excess in the fridge these days. In response, I begin singing in the loudest, most boisterous voice I can muster with evagerated hand motions the song from Beauty and the Beast where Gaston sings, "When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs, Ev'ry morning just to help me get large. Now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a barge!" To this he just smiled.
Maddie smiled too. I asked her who sang that song. She couldn't quite remember, but once I said Gaston her face erupted into a smile and she knew. I asked if I was like Gaston, big as a barge because I eat so many eggs. With a big grin she said no, but not before Brian could interject.
"Maddie, if you ever have a question you might have to say yes too, just say 'Trick Question!' and don't answer it. Okay?"
So what does that mean? Yeah. He's in the dog house, but the omlet should be done in about two minutes and he'll likely be okay after that. However, please remember, you should never, ever, even hint at the general idea that your wife might possibly be in the approximate neighborhood of "the size of a barge." I'm just sayin'...that's kinda harsh.
Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

Verity said...

HAHAHAHAHA! So funny--I loved the Texas apron and Maddie's story above, too. :)