Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Puzzling Happy Mother's Day

We were getting our cards ready for the grandmas for Mother's Day today. I printed some cards from the Internet for the kids to decorate. Ben signed before he went to school. Then I had Maddie start coloring them. First one went well enough. Then as I gave her the second card, for Grandma Zufelt. I grabbed the reimbursement check from the flex spending insurance people. It wasn't for as much as I was expecting (try short over $2,000 for my surgery) so I had to reconcile the numbers and arm myself with ammunition to fight for my cash.
Maddie was working quietly and happily three feet to my side. Then she finished. And showed me. "I made a puzzle for Grandma's card, Mom!!"
What? Huh? You little stinker. She chopped the entire card to pieces so grandma could do a puzzle and show her when we went home to visit this summer.
Oh well. Some cards are quickly and carelessly signed then tossed into mail. This one was meticulously created with lots of planning and thinking and tons of extra love. So, I'm sending it. It may not be my vision, but who says my ideas are right and Maddie is wrong. We're mailing the love today. Hope it arrives on time.

No comments: