Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Verbal Reading Quiz

Ben's teacher does a weekly newsletter for the parents.  A few weeks ago it said to ask your kids the following words to see if they remember from the lesson.  I finally got around to it tonight during dinner.  Since Ben was across the table I tried it verbally.
 
"Ben, what word is this, 'a-m'?"
"AM means afternoon time."
"What? Oh, you mean AM means morning and PM means night time."
 
Not what I was looking for, but okay.  Try the next one on the list...
 
"Tell me what word this is, 'a-t'."
"What do you mean?  Like 79 and 89?"
"What are you talking about?  I don't understand."
"You said eighty, right?"
"Oh.  Yeah.  Sort of, 'a-t" sounds like 80.  You're right.  What about 'd-o-g'?"
"Dog."
"Good.  We got one."
 
I'm sticking with a visual reading test next time.

No comments: