Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blast from the Past

Jenna Baker posted this picture on Facebook today.  Brought back some fun memories of working with the youth at church in the stake.  I loved this year of Youth Conference.  It was fantastic and these are all my "kids" for the weekend.  They were so amazing!!
 
Wanna hear a funny story about that day?
 
It was the year of the clothing drive and I was 7 months pregnant.  I had the morning devotional one day and I had to drop off a camp form on my way over to the stake center.  I left the form on the doorstep and getting back into my car...my pants pocket caught on the door latch thingy.  RIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!  It ripped my pants from my belt loops to my knee.  And I was already late. 
 
Rushing to figure out what to do I reasoned that, hey, we have an entire POD plus a couple of classrooms of clothes just sitting there, all for the taking.  Surely I could find something quickly. I started driving.  Oh yeah...I'm pregnant and getting pretty darn BIG.  It could take a month to find maternity clothes in that thing.  So I turned the car around and went home, threw my pants in the trash, got a new pair and headed back to the car (being careful not to tear my pants again).
 
There was no devotional that morning.  Sorry if you all felt spiritually let down. I know it probably ruined your lives.  My sincerest apologies, but I thought it was hilarious.  Just couldn't tell anyone why I was late back then.

No comments: