Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Still Here and Working

We're still hanging on...barely. Movers come Monday morning. Lots and lots to do. Everywhere I turn there is another pile of stuff to decide on and then the kids undo what I've done. Tomorrow after church we have lunch, nap and then drop off the kids at a Lucinda's place. Hopefully that means we'll conquer the house and be ready right on time.
 
We were up late tonight working on the basement and have it almost done. I had been working for a solid month to get it organized, sorted and dejunked.  I've pretty much handled the main floor and one bedroom upstairs. I did a zillion and one doctor appointments of all varieties and got all our medical records. We're going to make it I think. Honestly, if feels amazing to have rid my life of so much stuff.
 
Brian has been in charge of the endless paperwork for everything under the moon. I honestly believe it has consumed entire work days for him.  Poor guy.  He also spearheaded the effort to paint the kitchen in a generic, neutral, extremely boring off white.  I really did like my bold red kitchen, but this will sell better and we need this house to sell fast.  Brian has also fixed, well, everything in the house that needed fixing and it's a lot of stuff.
 
The brand hardwood floors are in the kitchen, entry and bathroom.  It was hard with the front door wide open for the better part of three days, it was cold and the kids had to be kept out of the way of the work crew. There was no space to move between the table and 6 chairs in the basement, table and 6 chairs in the living room, queen bed in the living room, 3 beds in the kids room and Jacob's room full of storage stuff so it's unusable.  The kids were troopers and we found enough fun things to play to pass the time over the three days. 
 
People keep saying how sad it is to have them and not stay to enjoy them.  I did want to replace my floors, but with cheap vinyl instead of hardwoods.  That's my style.  Hardwoods are beautiful.  AND WAY TOO STRESSFUL.  They scratch and I always knew I'd feel stressed and be grouchy having them in my house so never wanted them.  I was right.  The kids move a chair in the kitchen and I want to shout from the other room, "STOP!!!  Don't touch anything or you'll scratch the floors!!!"  I've had restraint so far.  One more week and scratching the floors will no longer be a worry.
 
That's the update for now.  Time to flip the bed down again on living room floor and hit the sack.

2 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

Good luck, keep us updated.

Verity said...

Hang in there!!!! Think happy thoughts and things will come together! (ps. I LOVE your crazy family picture up at the top of the blog!!!)