Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, February 7, 2011

Experiment Today - Floors

Okay, so I wondered just how hard it will be to actually clean here.  The floors are all marble and with windows open it will likely get really dusty every single day.  I’ve had carpet under my kitchen table in every single place I’ve lived since 2002 so while I was well aware of what was going on in those carpet areas I could live in the bliss of pretending it was clean.  Now the floor under the table is always just a little bit sticky.

 

The experiment then, was that I didn’t clean up much of anything.  The maid came on Wednesday afternoon and then again today, Monday.  Is it worth hiring a helper to take care of all of this for me? I’m just not sure.  I did have to sweep the floor twice, but didn’t mop once even though we had a cup of apple juice spilled and various other daily things hit the floor.  I did a quick rag wipe, but no water wipe downs for five days.  How good will the maid clean?  How terrible is that?  Don’t worry, I picked up the rest of the house, washed all the dishes and wiped down the kitchen.  See, she mops with a barely wet mop.  I’m curious to see if it is really doing much as far as sticky goes.  It dries almost in an instant.  See, when I mop, everyone has to stay out for 20 minutes while the floor dries.

 

Can you tell I’m bored to tears?  I look at my February calendar and get depressed.  It’s empty.  My internal being thrives on being busy, busy, busy and anxiously engaged in good causes. J  Here I have nothing.  And I will likely continue to have nothing until we settle into our new home at the end of March.  It’s a bit depressing to tell the truth.  So my life for now has come to the sad and despicable place where my amusement revolves around measuring the cleaning quality of the maid and her barely wet mop.  Would someone please shoot me now?

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Don't keep me in suspense!! What were the results???

Brent said...

With the hard floors, windows open all the time, and different climate you will come to appreciate the constant cleaning that the housekeeper does. I know we do! Soldier on through it, all will be well in the end!

Erin said...

LOL!!! Go to a museum or something with the kids and take pictures and post them. Or go around to the touristy areas. Are there any, or are there just tall buildings?