Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My New Expensive Life

Things are so crazy expensive here.  Some days I am internally going nuts paying so much for every little this and that.  Other days I am solid and okay with it since there is nothing I can do about it anyway.  My stomach churns over some random purchase every single time I enter the stores.   Here is just one example of what happened today.

 

We have 3 bowls the kids can use.  All the other ones are fancy grown up bowls and I had to inventory the apartment and see the replacement costs so I happen to know each bowl will cost me $13.80 if they break one. That’s why the can only use the three plastic penguin bowls provided.  Problem is, if I don’t do dishes every single meal we run out of everything.  It’s  a good lesson in discipline for me, but still draining. 

 

Today I figured I’d buy 3 more bowls, you know, like the dollar store kind.  They came in sets of 3’s.  Perfect. Wait.  The bowls come in either blue or purple.  Maddie would absolutely hate eating from a blue bowl and Ben would be positively insulted if I asked him to eat from a purple bow.  Whatever, we’ll get 6 and I won’t have to deal with crying.  WHAT??  Three cheap-o plastic bowls cost $9?  Tough beans to Ben.  Maddie wins this one since she was at the store with me and Ben was at school. (see, we all knew school sucked, now we have proof)  Pay the $9.  Three purple bowls.  I’m still irked that I paid that much.  Realistically it only buys me a couple more hours before I have to do dishes.  Better be worth it.

 

2 comments:

Brent said...

Cereal and ice cream taste so much better in the blue bowls, though...

Amy said...

Hi Angie,

It's Amy Jolley - I still occasionally stalk your blog - you crack me up! I think during your boredom you should write a book. Also, is it hard to get a package from the US. I'll go to the dollar store and get you stalked up on all kinds of cheap goodies.
Just let me know :)