Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Muted World

I find it interesting that the colors of processed foods here are so incredibly muted.  The yogurt Jacob is eating this morning is just a little bit grayer than the normal American pink yogurt.  I already mentioned the strawberries in the Special K.  We bought Kellogg’s brand Fruit Loops and all the colors are totally “off”.  Jenny told me yesterday that is because they use beet juice to color the red (making it a little more purple than red) and other various fruits and juices to attain the colors.  Her kids wouldn’t even eat them so she donated them to the nursery at church.  My kids are fine with them so far though they are definitely not a fan favorite anymore.  Funny thing is, the box for the Fruit Loops looks lots nicer than in the States.  It’s fully done up in a super high gloss packaging like a really expensive electronics product might have back home.

 

All in all, as long as it tastes the same it shouldn’t matter, but I do secretly miss those nasty, probably carcinogenic artificial coloring.  Just don’t tell the organic fanatics my secret confession her, okay?

No comments: