Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Blog Has Replaced Emails

About four years ago email was about to make me nuts.  I can’t remember what my church job was at the time, but I’ve had some email intensive busy ones during our time in Fairfax. Then there was keeping up with friends and family.  My inbox became something I absolutely loathed.  It hung over me day and night. I had no peace because I always had a stack of emails waiting to be returned.  I always felt guilty at not giving everyone the attention they deserved and I would love to spend time on them, but there just isn’t enough time in the day.  Then I started to blog. At first not many people read blogs, but after time they got “cool” and in my book that is a very beautiful thing.  I can keep everyone updated on my life if they so choose to follow along without having to write 50 personal emails every week.  Brilliant.  I love blogs.  Plus Brian sometimes reads my entries to my kids.  They LOVE hearing stories about themselves. 

 

(Of course he only reads the nice ones and the ones that don’t give away Santa and Tooth Fairy secrets.)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

dan often reads our blog to see what we've been up to while he's at work... :-)

i'm glad you blog. your description of email sounds like my description of blogging. why can't i keep up!!! and just when i do, someone logs me out before i hit publish and then it's gone and the gumption to start again is never in me :-(

Nance said...

Santa and tooth fairy secrets? what??? what??? say it isn't so.

heartbroken in Fairfax...

(Your entry has me thinking about the hours/day I spend trying to keep up with email and managing the intense email guilt. Thankfully ... until now ... I've had Santa to make me feel better.)

Brian said...

I read the blog periodically because that is often the only way I know what you have been doing during the day.

Brian