Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, February 7, 2011

Snuggle Time with Sick Jakey

Jakey’s been under the weather for about a week now.  Runny nose started last Tuesday, fever Wednesday through Saturday morning, Sunday he was good except in the middle of the night and after naps he had so much phlegm he was gagging as he cried.  Today he has the most raspy voice ever accompanied with a cough.  All this sickness has made for a rather snuggly little boy.  Brian has totally loved that Jacob now wants to sit and snuggle daddy instead of always screaming, “Mommy do it!” when he tries to help.  Today I snatched him out of bed and ran downstairs to the bus to get Ben and he laid happily on my shoulder while we waited.  Back home he sat in my lap while Ben read me a book.  We always call he Jakey Boy.  He looked up at me, put one hand on either of my cheeks.  I asked him if he was my friend to which he nodded his head.  Then he says, “Jakey Boy Mommy fwends.”  Big smile creeps across his face and he says, “Jakey Boy Mommy BOY Fwends!!!” He melts my heart some days.

No comments: