Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Potty Story Time

As we've been trying to work with Maddie on potty training, she has decided the very best part of the whole deal is that she gets our undivided attention in the bathroom. We often sit on the stool and will read her books to keep her sitting long enough to have a "productive visit" to the bathroom. Apparently, it is such a great idea to read in the bathroom that she has decided she would like to extend the same courtesy to me. The last three days she has watched me closely. Every time I head to the bathroom she rushes after me and follows me into the bathroom. She climbs up on the stool, carefully selects a book, turns back around and settles herself onto the stool to read me a book while I potty. About the time she sits down, I'm done and heading out. She just doesn't understand why it doesn't take me 15 minutes to potty and why I can't stick around for a book. Sometimes I wash my hands and have a seat again so she can read to me and she adores this time to be in charge. And I love to see her smile.

1 comment:

Ball Family said...

That is really cute! The same thing happened while potty training Vallyn. She would hug me and tell me "good job" every time I went potty.