Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday Wishes

In an attempt to keep Maddie engaged and talking so I didn't "waste" her nap on the drive home from Ikea shopping in Woodbridge (30 minutes away) I was asking her all sorts of wild and zany questions to keep her from dozing. When I ran out of questions I moved on to singing all the loud and wild songs I could think of. When I suggested we learn the Happy Birthday song so we would be ready to sing to Ben in a few weeks it started a huge excited chattering conversation where no one listened to anyone else. Maddie is planning to have about seven birthday cakes. They will all be decorated differently. We will have a Diego, Dora, teddy bear and many other random things that suited her tastes today. When I asked Ben what he wanted me to make on his cake, he reminded me that he was going to decorate his own cake and he had already informed me of this before. He won't reveal the design of his cake, just said it will be a "really great surprise!" So I'm a little bit sad I won't be able to make another cool cake for him. The best part of our conversation was still to come though. He told me that he would blow out his candles and make a wish. After a few minutes he further informed me that he was going to wish for all of his wishes to always come true. After another long pause, he told me that he knew how to make all his wishes come true. "You just have to do the thing you want." Good call by Ben. You can do just about anything you set your mind too. You just have to try. I hope he always has that kind of internal drive!

No comments: