Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sometimes You Gotta Give Your Elephant a Bath

Potty training is officially on hold. We haven't tried in weeks and I honestly don't care. It is so much less work right now to just change a morning and evening wet pull up (actually she does that herself) and one stinky one a day. No mad dashes to the bathroom, only to have urine dribble down her leg and all over the floor while Jacob screams from being hastily deposited on the floor in a panic. We haven't removed the potty training items from the bathrooms though. Mistake.
Now that our bathroom is so kid friendly (motion sensing overhead light and faucet she can use herself) Maddie can wash up after every meal all by herself. I LOVE IT!!! So does she. We also have books in the main floor bath that sat on the counter for reading while we wait for Maddie to do her business. For a couple days, she would wash much longer than necessary, but whatever, right? No one was crying. Everything is good. Or maybe not.
I noticed the books laying flat on the counter rather than up against the wall. I picked them up and they were dripping wet. All I could do was shake my head and dry them out. When questioned about how the books got all wet, she had a totally logical explanation. "Horton needs a bath. I got him a BATH!!!" she exclaimed with glee. Horton wasn't too bad, but his book cover was destroyed and some of it still remains on the front of the book that I need to scrap off. Winnie the Pooh didn't fare quite as well. He doesn't even approach closing anymore. But, I'm really glad that Horton the elephant is clean now. Check one more thing off my "To Do" list.

1 comment:

Ball Family said...

That's cute! At least now you have clean books :) What is it with soap and water that facisnates kids so much? I actually had to remove the step stool in our bathroom because Vallyn loved the soap and washing her babies.