Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, March 12, 2009

We Learn Best Through Experience

How many times do parents tell their kids to pick up their toys before someone steps on them and gets hurt? Oh, I'd say about a bazillion. Ben always says he doesn't think it's a problem to have toys all over the ground because he never steps on them. Well, I do. And never the soft teddy bear type. Usually the hard/sharp plastic ones. It makes me so mad. Today it was proven to him that it might, just maybe, be a bad idea to leave toys all over the floor and especially on the stairs. After preschool at our house today he went back to the basement and as he went down the stairs, he SCREAMED at the top of his lungs. I asked what happened from upstairs. He yelled, "Wade and Hugh left all the little airport guys on the stairs and I stepped on them! It really hurt!" I admit my first reaction was happiness. Now he understands what I've been telling him. I told him he'd be fine and he told me that we shouldn't leave toys on the stairs. Yep. You got it buddy.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the new pic!

Ball Family said...

Awww sweet revenge :) Just kidding! Sometimes it takes that to have them learn the lesson you've been trying to teach them. Vallyn found out why we don't jump off the stairs the other day and has the rug burns on her nose to prove it.

By they way, I love your new picture.

Verity said...

Darn. I'm glad Ben "learned a lesson," but I feel REALLY bad that my kid left toys out on the STAIRS! :) SORRY!