Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ben and Jacob Share Clothes

Lest someone dare to doubt me, here's proof. On our trip to California, I packed Ben and Jacob's clothes in the same suitcase. Big mistake. Ben doesn't pay much attention to what he's wearing. He just grabs a shirt and a pair of pants and he's off to play with the cousins.
The first time I noticed we had a problem, he was wearing a pair of shorts that were a little bit snug, but nothing drastic. Then through the course of the day, I realized they were Jacob's pants. Not 4T shorts, but 6 month long pants. HOLY COW!! Who thought he'd fit in them at all?
Incident #2 came when I went to the store with the ladies to buy groceries. While we were gone, Uncle Shon took his five kids and my older two to the beach. (Brian isn't a slacker, he stayed home with napping Jacob). When we got home, we put the food away, changed and headed down to meet the kids at the ocean. What did we find? Ben in Jacob's swimsuit. The outer body looked alright on him, but the thing is actually a swim diaper. Nothing to do then but let him wear it. So five year old Ben wore 6 month old Jacob's swim diaper at the beach. You'd think he would have noticed a super tight rubbery thing around him, but no. He was focused on the beach. He did end up with some major rub marks on is waist from it though. He said it really, really hurt that night. I wish I had pictures of it, but alas, no camera that day.
Today, I was folding laundry that had been in bins at the foot of the bed for five days. The kids had just finished breakfast and since Jacob got up early, he was already down for a nap. I capitalized on the situation and to save time, told Ben to choose some clothes from the clean laundry buckets, get dressed and put his pajamas in his room. He quickly found a shirt, but couldn't find pants. I pointed to a pair of tan pants over yonder and he changed. Just about lunch time, I noticed it. I asked again if his pants were tight. Of course, he said they were. Another pair of Jacob's long pants turned shorts for my five year old. Sigh. When I pointed out the problem and suggested he change so he could be more comfortable he wasn't interested. Figured it would take too long. He'd just change at bed time. Whatever. I just can't believe he can get into Jacob's pants!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's hilarious!