Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Jaw Is Getting Tired

Favorite quote of the day from Brian feeding Jacob:
"Jacob, you need to eat. My jaw is getting tired."
Brian and I both have this weird habit while spoon feeding our babies. When we want them to open their mouths, we instinctively open our mouths for them. Every single bite. Seriously, my jaw would be sore after a meal with Ben.
We both did lots better with Maddie, but still did it a little bit. I thought we had gotten over it for the most part with Jacob, but when Jacob gets distracted or isn't eating like we'd like him too, our mouths begin to open again. It's sort of an involuntary, subliminal help I guess.
Jacob also makes a huge effort to suck his fingers while we feed him. His favorite two fingers seem to be tall man and ring man together, upside down and backwards. Just exactly like Glori used to do. It makes me smile to think of her again when he does it. Jacob will get some random fingers in his mouth and suck then move them around and switch them. It's almost like he is searching for how to get his perfect combination of fingers in.

No comments: