Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crying It Out

I'm serious. No more waking up with Jacob. He weighed in at 18 lb 1.6 oz at his six month check on Tuesday. Maddie was 18 lbs at her 15 month appointment. That boy isn't underfed and doesn't need to eat during the night. Monday night we let him cry it out for over an hour and a half miserable hours. Tuesday night he had just had shots and had a fever so I was nice. Tonight he's fine. But I'm not. The screaming just won't stop. This is child #3. My heart isn't breaking for him like it did for Ben. I'm not in the other room crying for him. I just want to go in and rock him to make it stop so I can sleep. Final score: one hour 16 minutes of crying. No. Make that one hour 16 minutes of screaming his guts out. I did nurse him first thing out of exhausting and thinking (naively) that would speed up the cry it out process. No feeding tomorrow night. Now, it's 3:59 am. He's finally quiet. I can go back to sleep. Good night world. Let's all pray it is my last week of getting up in the night with him ever.

5 comments:

Stephanie Pilling said...

You and I should start a support group for "sucker mommies"--I still get up with Penny all the time and I'm at my wits end! And she's 10 months, not six....ugh....I'm such a looser. Don't tell Heather!

Heather said...

you just told me Steph!!! :) ha
my question is why are you listening? turn on a fan and go to sleep. he has developed bad habits (i cry, mom comes with the boob) and now you have to break the habit. don't feel bad, he doesn't remember and he needs to learn how to go back to sleep without a crutch. if you feel like he's hungry feed him before you go to sleep and then don't go in before 5am. a 5am feed is totally normal. love you ang. this too shall pass.

Darbee said...

Hang in there Angie! I, too, let my kiddies cry it out. I think at some point you have to. I usually do it earlier, so they don't get into such bad habits... but they aLwAyS figure it out. Night #1 is the worst, but it'll be so much better tonight! And to make you feel better... The first night we decided to make Briggs cry it out when he was NINE MONTHS OLD (I was a SuCkEr then!) He cried on and off almost 5 hours! NO JOKE! The next night was 1 hour and the next night like 2 minutes. He never cried after that! It suddenly all became worth it! Trust me, IT WILL GET BETTER!!! :)

Hilary said...

We've had to let both of our kids cry it out, or I think they'd STILL be waking up in the night to eat! I'd read every book about sleeping, trying to avoid it, but NOTHING else worked! I'll start it WAY earlier with my next kid! :-)
Good luck!

Claudia said...

Isn't it fun to have children, especially babies! I feel for you. Hope it gets better.