Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Costco Boredom

While figuring out how to feed 200 people for three days out of a tour bus, I called Costco at our destination to see if they would be willing to pull our order so all we have to do is pick up and pay. They were totally willing to do that as long as I could provide the SKU # of every item I want. Ugh. But, okay. I can spend two hours at our Costco doing that, or 8 hours during the trip with people waiting on me and in a flustered panic we won't make it back to the park on time to feed everyone. I chose the lesser of two evils - get all the SKU #s. Knowing I have to fly out tomorrow for my grandma's funeral, I literally only had a few short hours before I couldn't do the job anymore. So, I told the kids to go puddle jump in the front yard for 30 minutes to get the wiggles and whines out. Then I packed up the crew for a nice, long Costco run. Before we even left, I explained to the kids, we weren't buying anything, I just had to write down lots and lots of numbers. I figured Ben could help with the numbers, brought a blanket for Maddie Mae and made a bed for her in the main basket and had bunches of toys to entertain Jacob in his chair. Nothing went according to plan, but with the big bribe of a smoothie after we finished, they stayed basically well behaved. Seriously, I had some blessings from above, because there is no way that ever could have happened right in the middle of nap time without some divine intervention. And I'm grateful for it. My favorite moment of the day? Ben stands up in the main part of the cart, then kneels (dramatically). Points to the bakery cookies for which I am obtaining SKUs for each individual flavor and says to Maddie with all the flair you would expect in a Shakespear play, "That's the cookie I've ALWAYS wanted!" Then he threw kisses at it and told Maddie to look at it.

No comments: