Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, June 29, 2009

Seven Hours Later

We left Columbus at 12:30. It is five minutes to 8:00 pm. We just passed a sign that says we have 128 miles left to Washington, DC. I think we may never get there. Jacob has been screaming at the top of his lungs for almost an hour. We have stopped four times. Three of those stops included vomiting by Ben. My patience is thin. I am so glad I have Brian here to keep me focused and calm. As unpleasant as Jacob thinks this trip is, it could be worse. Or, if we didn’t have car sick boy, we could actually be home now. The drive is only 6 ½ hours afterall. Typically we take 7 ½ to do a 6 ½ hour drive. This trip may never end. We have discussed installing a cone of silence in the truck like in the old Get Smart movie. Where can I rent that by the way? Is Netflix that good? Maybe I should sign up. The other option might be a minivan or the like. If I do ever end up doing that, I’m requesting the license plate to be “YUCK” to adequately describe my feelings.

No comments: