Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big Oversight

And when I say 'big' I mean huge, gigantic, enormous, shameful oversight on my part. Thanks Laura for setting me straight. Tex-Mex food is the best in Texas. About 85% of the restaurants were tex-mex and that was fine with us, because, really, it is the best kind of food in the world. The first year we were here, I couldn't count the number of conversations Brian and I had about how there was NOWHERE to eat here in Virginia. We tried all sorts of places but just couldn't fall in love. Truth be told, still haven't found anywhere we are in love with after four years. We loved Tortugas, Pappasitos, Casa Ole, Gringos, Lupe Tortilla, Taco Cabana and Orlando's (or whatever name it was going by that week since it changed owners about every three weeks but it was always Tex-Mex).
I've beginning to think through all the Tex-Mex we've been missing in the last four years here in Virginia, I also realized I miss Sonic, Ryan's and Whataburger. So many good eats in Houston.
Brian's comment to my Texas post was that he missed the loquat tree in our backyard. The fruit was yummy and grew without me lifting a finger. They just magically grew. Ben loved them so much that he'd reach out and grab them when I walked by. I got a few fun pictures of him eating them that make me smile. He just couldn't wait for me to even pick them and they were at just the right height for him to snag.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Whew! I was so worried. Truth be told, we have yet to find a good tex-mex in north Texas that can come close to that of south Texas.